The history of KOSAF gives a vital perspective on
the progress of national student aid in Korea since its establishment. Building
on the innovative new strategy and strong values for talent
development, KOSAF has been striving to serve
students across the country with programs and services formed on a solid
- 11KOSAF's customer service center obtains the desgination as
meeting the Korean Industrical Standard (KS Mark).
- 07KOSAF obtains the international credit rating of A1 by
Moody's and A+ by Fitch (The same credit rating as the national
- 06KOSAF hosts its first International Forum on Student Aid
- 05KOSAF launches The Korea Mentoring Network (KORMENT).
- 01KOSAF is desginaed as a quasi-government organization.
- 01KOSAF starts offering its first income contignet loans
(ICLs) which allow borrowers to repay their loans in monthly installments
based on their incomes after graduation.
- 07KOSAF begins offering its first direct, general loans to
the students in higher education
- 06KOSAF receives an "AAA" credit rating from Korea Credit
- 05The Korea Student Aid Foundation is officially created with
the appointment of Dr. Kyung-sook Lee as its first chairperson .
- 04The IT infrastructure for KOSAF is built.
- 02The preparatory committee for the establishment of KOSAF is
- 01The National Assembley of Korea passes the Act on the
Establishment of KOSAF and related legislations.
- 10The Act on the Establihsment of the Korea Student Aid
Foundation (KOSAF) is finalized.
- 05A preliminary plan for a customized student aid system is
- 02The Korean Government selects the establishment of a
customized student aid system as a major national task.